MR. INTERNATIONAL RUBBER SCHOLARSHIPS
As part of its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access and Inclusion, the Mr. International Rubber Contest (MIR) will provide weekend package scholarships to up and coming leaders in the Chicagoland fetish community. This year, MIR is awarding up to 25 scholarships as part of a beta test program. Each scholarship provides a “Social Package” to attend the Mr. International Rubber contest weekend, to be held in Chicago November 5-7, 2021.
These scholarships support rising BIPOC and/or Low Income leaders in the fetish community, with exposure to the international rubber and fetish community through educational, social, and networking opportunities.
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Scholarship winners receive a weekend Social Package which will provide access to as much of the weekend events as their individual schedules and interests can accommodate. The social package includes the following items:
- Weekend Admission to the Kink Market
- Access to the Chicago Rubber Club Gear Swap
- Free Coat Check
- Newbie Orientation
- Access to Educational Workshops
- Access to Affinity Group Meet-ups
- Admission to Sunday Mimosas & Games
- Admission to Cocktail Parties on Friday and Saturday Night
- Admission to Friday Night Opening Ceremonies and Rubber Ball
- Weekend T-Shirt (while supplies last)
- Balcony seating for the 25th Annual Mr. International Rubber Contest
- Participation in Audience Vote to select Mr. International Rubber
- Participation in the Rubber Club Summit
Note, this scholarship does not cover: travel, lodging, food, beverages, or ancillary events.
To apply for the MIR Scholarship, a candidate must:
- Be 18 years or older (by the date of the event); and
- Live in the Chicagoland area; and
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, Latino/a/x, Asian, South West Asian/North African, or mixed race; and/or
- Have a total annual income of less than $32,000 (less than 50% of the Chicago Area Median Income); and
- Have an positive, expressed interest in the rubber, kink, or fetish community; and
- Plan to attend all or most of the 2021 Mr. International Rubber Weekend
(Note: While eligibility is restricted to Chicagoland applicants this first year, it is our intention to expand geographic eligibility over the next few years.)
Ready to Apply?
Please complete this online application and submit by 11:59 p.m. on September 30, 2021.
Applications submitted after the deadline cannot be reviewed.
The 25 scholarship winners will be notified the week of October 11, 2021.
Weekend schedule questions? Please see our Weekend Schedule page.
Application questions? Please contact William “Rubberwilli” Schendel at firstname.lastname@example.org.